How to Access Workday
You can access Workday in three different ways. For each access method, you are required to sign in with your UCF NID and password, as well as complete the Duo Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
Important Note: Please contact UCF IT if you do not have a UCF NID assigned.
It is recommended that all UCF employees new to Workday enroll in the Workday Essentials: Getting Started online course.
The purpose of “Workday Guides” are to help educate UCF employees on self-service functionality available based on their employee type.
About Workday Help
Workday Help is an in-system application that provides users the opportunity to access learning tools at a self-driven pace. If you encounter any system issues or require any other assistance, you can submit a Workday Help Case.
- Video: How to Create a Workday Help Case
- Video: How to View Articles in Workday Help
- Job Aid: How to Navigate Workday Help
- Workday Help Case Types & Routing Descriptions
The knowledge base within Workday Help contains over 300 knowledge articles organized within 15 categories that serve as self-driven training resources. A “knowledge article” is a job aid, video demo, or business process workflow that describes or outlines step-by-step procedures of a business process.
- To review knowledge base category descriptions to learn what types of knowledge articles are in each category, refer to Workday Training Catalog.
All knowledge articles can also be accessed using the Workday search bar or navigating to the Help app.